The credit report can be obtained from Bank Negara Malaysia at NO COST by following the steps below and applicant shall bring original documents along for verification purposes.
I. Request by individual
1) If you are from the Klang Valley, you may obtain the credit report from the Customer Service Centre, Laman Informasi Nasihat dan Khidmat BNM (LINK) of Bank Negara Malaysia , Head Office at the following address:
BNMLINK operates daily from Monday to Friday, 9.00 am – 5.00 pm (including lunch hour) except for public holidays.
Please bring along your MyKad and any other supporting documents that can verify your identity such as your driving licence or passport. The credit report will be given to you during the visit.
2) If you are from Pulau Pinang, Johor Bahru, Kuala Terengganu, Kota Kinabalu and Kuching, you may obtain the credit report from Bank Negara Malaysia branches.
for the contact details of BNM branches.
Bank Negara Malaysia branches operates daily from Monday to Friday, 9.00 am – 5.00 pm (CLOSE during lunch time from 1.00pm – 2.00pm except Friday from 12.30pm – 2.30pm) except for public holidays.
Please bring along your MyKad and any other supporting documents that can verify your identity such as your driving license or passport. The credit report will be given to you during the visit.
3) If you are from outside of Klang Valley or BNM branches, you may apply for the credit report by completing and sending the following:
- Credit Report Request Form (CRR);
- Loan Declaration Form;
- A clear photocopy of your MyKad (both sides); and
- Any combination of two other documents (with your name and address stated clearly on each copy) from the following:
- Driving licence;
- Water bill;
- Electricity bill; or
- Telephone bill.
However, if the above documents are not available, you may provide alternative documents such as:
- Bank account statement;
- Credit card statement; or
- EPF statement.
The Credit Report Request Form and Loan Declaration Form are available from creditbureau.bnm.gov.my or
to download the form.
Please mail or fax or email the completed forms and supporting documents to BNMTELELINK, Bank Negara Malaysia at:
LINK & Regional Offices
Bank Negara Malaysia
Jalan Dato’ Onn
P.O Box 10922
50929 Kuala Lumpur
Fax No: +603 2174 1515
Please note that if you come personally to BNMLINK or BNM branches to obtain the credit report, you will get the report instantly.
However, it may take 2 to 4 weeks to process your request for credit report via mail. BNM will notify you via letter for the collection. The credit report can be collected from the financial institution as specified in your application form.
source : BNM