By Jean-Michel Rabaté
Featuring the most recent examine findings and exploring the attention-grabbing interaction of modernist authors and highbrow luminaries, from Beckett and Kafka to Derrida and Adorno, this daring new number of essays offers scholars a deeper clutch of key texts in modernist literature.
- Provides a wealth of clean views on canonical modernist texts, that includes the newest examine data
- Adopts an unique and inventive thematic method of the topic, with strategies corresponding to race, legislations, gender, category, time, and beliefs forming the constitution of the collection
- Explores present and ongoing debates at the hyperlinks among the aesthetics and praxis of authors and modernist theoreticians
- Reveals the profound ways that modernist authors have stimulated key thinkers, and vice versa
Read Online or Download A Handbook of Modernism Studies (Critical Theory Handbooks) PDF
Best literary modernism criticism books
London's literary and cultural scene fostered newly configured sorts of feminist anticolonialism through the modernist interval. via their writing in and in regards to the imperial city, colonial girls authors not just remapped town, in addition they renegotiated the placement of ladies in the empire.
Greater than a century after its beginnings, modernism nonetheless has the ability to surprise, alienate or problem readers. Modernist paintings and literature stay considered advanced and tough. This advent explains in a readable, vigorous sort how modernism emerged, the way it is outlined, and the way it built in several types and genres.
Modernist Afterlives in Irish Literature and tradition explores manifestations of the subjects, varieties, and practices of excessive modernism in Irish literature and tradition produced next to this influential circulation. Modernist Afterlives in Irish Literature and tradition heavily examines how Irish writers and artists from the mid-twentieth century onwards grapple with the legacies bequeathed by way of modernism and search to forge new modes of expression for contemporary and modern tradition.
Radio Modernism marries the fields of radio stories and modernist cultural historiography to the new 'ethical flip' in literary and cultural experiences to check how consultant British writers negotiated the ethical valuable for public carrier broadcasting that used to be crafted, embraced, and applied through the BBC's founders and early directors.
- Modernist Eroticisms: European Literature After Sexology (Palgrave Studies in Modern European Literature)
- Modernism: Evolution of an Idea (New Modernisms)
- Anarcho-Modernism: Toward a New Critical Theory in Honour of Jerry Zaslove
- Ideographic Modernism: China, Writing, Media
Additional resources for A Handbook of Modernism Studies (Critical Theory Handbooks)