By Maureen Honey
Read or Download Aphrodite's Daughters: Three Modernist Poets of the Harlem Renaissance PDF
Best literary modernism criticism books
London's literary and cultural scene fostered newly configured varieties of feminist anticolonialism in the course of the modernist interval. via their writing in and in regards to the imperial city, colonial girls authors not just remapped town, additionally they renegotiated the location of ladies in the empire.
Greater than a century after its beginnings, modernism nonetheless has the ability to surprise, alienate or problem readers. Modernist paintings and literature stay regarded as complicated and hard. This creation explains in a readable, full of life type how modernism emerged, the way it is outlined, and the way it built in several types and genres.
Modernist Afterlives in Irish Literature and tradition explores manifestations of the subjects, types, and practices of excessive modernism in Irish literature and tradition produced next to this influential circulate. Modernist Afterlives in Irish Literature and tradition heavily examines how Irish writers and artists from the mid-twentieth century onwards grapple with the legacies bequeathed via modernism and search to forge new modes of expression for contemporary and modern tradition.
Radio Modernism marries the fields of radio reports and modernist cultural historiography to the new 'ethical flip' in literary and cultural experiences to envision how consultant British writers negotiated the ethical central for public carrier broadcasting that used to be crafted, embraced, and applied through the BBC's founders and early directors.
- Wallace Stevens, New York, and Modernism (Routledge Studies in Twentieth-Century Literature)
- In the Company of Strangers: Family and Narrative in Dickens, Conan Doyle, Joyce, and Proust (Modernist Latitudes)
- Wider Boundaries of Daring: The Modernist Impulse in Canadian Women’s Poetry
- Understanding Rancière, Understanding Modernism (Understanding Philosophy, Understanding Modernism)
- To Have or Have Not: Essays on Commerce and Capital in Modernist Theatre
Additional resources for Aphrodite's Daughters: Three Modernist Poets of the Harlem Renaissance