By George Grinnell
Read Online or Download Blackfoot Lodge Tales, the Story of a Prairie People PDF
Similar folklore & mythology books
This publication surveys the historical past of psychoanalytic remedies of myths variously as indicators of psychopathology, as cultural safety mechanisms, and as metaphoric expressions of rules which can comprise healing insights.
300 Jewish stories during this striking quantity span 3 continents and 4 millennia. Culled from conventional sources—the Bible, Talmud, Midrash, hasidic texts, and oral folklore—and retold in sleek English through Ellen Frankel, those tales symbolize the brightest jewels within the enormous treasure chest of Jewish lore.
Restricted by way of traditions proscribing their events and speech, the Maithil girls of Nepal and India have lengthy explored person and collective existence studies by means of sharing tales with each other. occasionally fantastical, occasionally together with one of those magical realism, those stories permit girls to construct neighborhood via a deeply own and consistently evolving storytelling shape.
The blind mendicant in Ukrainian folks culture is a little-known social order, yet an immense one. The singers of Ukrainian epics, those minstrels have been prepared into specialist guilds that set criteria for education and function. Repressed throughout the Stalin period, this is often their story.
- Expressive Genres and Historical Change: Indonesia, Papua New Guinea and Taiwan (Anthropology and Cultural History in Asia and the Indo-Pacific)
- Shadows and Cypress: Southern Ghost Stories
- Improvised Adolescence: Somali Bantu Teenage Refugees in America (Folklore Studies in a Multicultural World)
- Pele, Volcano Goddess of Hawai‘i: A History
- Eight Words for the Study of Expressive Culture
- The Myths of Greece and Rome
Additional resources for Blackfoot Lodge Tales, the Story of a Prairie People