By Aimee Armande Wilson
Read Online or Download Conceived in Modernism: The Aesthetics and Politics of Birth Control PDF
Best literary modernism criticism books
London's literary and cultural scene fostered newly configured kinds of feminist anticolonialism through the modernist interval. via their writing in and concerning the imperial city, colonial ladies authors not just remapped town, additionally they renegotiated the placement of ladies in the empire.
Greater than a century after its beginnings, modernism nonetheless has the facility to surprise, alienate or problem readers. Modernist artwork and literature stay regarded as advanced and hard. This creation explains in a readable, full of life kind how modernism emerged, the way it is outlined, and the way it built in several varieties and genres.
Modernist Afterlives in Irish Literature and tradition explores manifestations of the topics, types, and practices of excessive modernism in Irish literature and tradition produced next to this influential circulate. Modernist Afterlives in Irish Literature and tradition heavily examines how Irish writers and artists from the mid-twentieth century onwards grapple with the legacies bequeathed by way of modernism and search to forge new modes of expression for contemporary and modern tradition.
Radio Modernism marries the fields of radio reports and modernist cultural historiography to the new 'ethical flip' in literary and cultural stories to envision how consultant British writers negotiated the ethical crucial for public provider broadcasting that used to be crafted, embraced, and applied by means of the BBC's founders and early directors.
- Modernism and Perversion: Sexual Deviance in Sexology and Literature, 1850-1930 (Modernism and...)
- The Pathos of Distance: Affects of the Moderns
- Modernism and the Nativist Resistance: Contemporary Chinese Fiction from Taiwan
- James Joyce and the Politics of Egoism
- Unnatural Selections: Eugenics in American Modernism and the Harlem Renaissance
- Writing Celebrity: Stein, Fitzgerald, and the Modern(ist) Art of Self-Fashioning (American Literature Readings in the 21st Century)
Extra info for Conceived in Modernism: The Aesthetics and Politics of Birth Control